What is the fastest way to satisfy your cravings for the porky bacon goodness, say in 30 seconds?
My friend Georgina from Five & Two Fine Foods started her own business not too long ago, introducing a range of homemade sweet and savory meat preserves in bottle. Recently, thanks to MalaysianFoodie.com, I get to try out their signature star product, the simply toothsome Bacon Jam!
Texture similar like the jam, its ingredients are minced bacon, onion, and her own special mixture of sweet and spicy sauce. I like that it is super convenient to go with any foods. Tried it with the toast, fried rice, fried Maggie, and even crackers, all matches well with the bacon jam’s savory taste. Scrumptious!
If you like cooking, why not give this recipe a try, Georgina’s recommended Spicy Brinjals with Five & Two’s Bacon Jam.
1. Fry cubed brinjals in a wok (sprinkle with salt) until texture is slightly mushy.
2. Toss in chopped garlic and fry for a bit.
3. Throw in chilly and turmeric powders and fry until oil is released.
4. Add the tomato puree and stir well. Fry for a bit and throw in curry leaves.
5. When all have mixed in well and fried for a bit, add 2 heaped tablespoons of Five & Two’s Bacon Jam.
6. Stir all together and fry again for 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve hot with rice or any Indian bread. It makes a good sandwich spread too.
It is RM25 per bottle. Available in 2 flavors, the best-seller original flavor and another one with prune that tastes bit sweeter.
To order, you may call Georgina at 019 277 1573, or visit Five & Two Fine Foods facebook page.