Since the first event held back in 2001, the world renowned Malaysia International Gourmet Festival, MIGF, has established itself as the pinnacle of gastronomic excellence in the region. Into its 14th successive year, the Festival never fails to excite and surprise with both local and international diners eagerly looking forward to see what the Festival has in store.
This year, MIGF will take place from 1st to 31st October 2014 with the theme RED HOT CHEFS!
For the full Festival month of October, outstanding chefs from the country’s best restaurants will offer diners specially created Festival Menus available at exclusive Festival prices together with a host of generous Festival offers.
* Resorts World Genting will feature three of their top restaurants, Imperial Rama serving exquisite Thai and Chinese cuisine, LTITUDE Restaurant, Bar & Lounge serving Western and Japanese and The Olive famous for its Western Continental dishes.
* KL Hilton’s award winning Chinese restaurant, Chynna returns to the Festival along with two new and exciting restaurants, Graze serving European cuisine and Chambers Bar and Grill with Western dishes.
* Aloft Kuala Lumpur’s, Nook made its debut last year and was a stunning success with its International and Asian blend of cuisines.
* The Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel’s modern Japanese restaurant, Minori is another returning entrant popular with diners.
* The Club Saujana Resort have entered their sparkling new open grill restaurant, Charcoal which is sure to be a hit.
* All the way from Langkawi, The Westin Resort & Spa’s signature restaurant, Seasonal Tastes, with its healthy International cuisine, will present diners with the ultimate in island dining.
* Leading the collection of non-hotel based restaurants is perennial Festival favourite, Cuisine Gourmet by Nathalie which, along with new entrant Maison Francaise, is serving modern and classical French cuisine.
* Marini’s On 57 will offer fabulous Italian cuisine served in KL’s highest restaurant. They are joined by their sister restaurant, Marble 8 serving Western food and specialising in steak aged to perfection.
* Also serving Italian food is Nerovivo with a focus this year on their fabulous pizzas.
* Another new restaurant making their Festival debut this year is La Scala, already one of KL’s most popular Italian restaurants along with newcomer, Signature By The Hill which specializes in Contemporary Western cuisine.
* Tanzini, serving Modern European cuisine, was a big hit with diners last year and is set to ‘wow’ them again this year.
* Top Japanese restaurant, Ten Japanese Fine Dining who will bring their own unique flair to the Festival.
* Returning to the Festival fold after a two year gap is the uber-chic restaurant, Neo Tamarind; serving Modern Thai and Indochinese.
* Another returning restaurant is Aliyaa serving authentic home-style Sri Lankan Tamil and Singhalese cuisine.
The spectacular preview event for the Malaysia International Gourmet Festival, TasteMIGF, will take place from the 26th to 28th of September 2014 at the Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre.
For one fabulous gastronomic weekend, food lovers can get a tasting preview of the Festival by partaking in a Super Gourmet Safari exchanging Gourmet Dollars for bite sized samples from all the Festival restaurants as they gather in one specially created location – The Theatre of Cuisines.
They can also shop at the Epicure Gourmet Village and attend Master Chefs’ cooking classes and enjoy wine appreciation talks and other culinary happenings.
A new inclusion this year is the LuxuryPlus Showcase which will display high end properties and investment opportunities among others and provide those present with the opportunity to hear from the industry’s best.
Go on a Super Gourmet Safari at the Theatre of Cuisines
In the specially created “Theatre of Cuisines”, where the Festival restaurants are showcased, visitors can buy “Gourmet Dollars” and enjoy a “Super Gourmet Safari” sampling creations from Malaysia’s leading chefs as they serve up tasting portions from their Festival Menus. These special portions are big enough to exhibit the creativity of the Festival chefs but small enough to allow tasting as many dishes from as many restaurants as possible. Live music and cooking demonstrations take place, providing a fiesta-like atmosphere for all visitors.
The Theatre of Cuisines will open to the public for a fabulous gourmet weekend from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th September.
Get your Gourmet Dollars First!
To go on your Super Gourmet Safari, you will need Gourmet Dollars that have been created with the benefit of diners in mind. They help to minimise queues and delays for people waiting for their change. Gourmet Dollars will be available for purchase on the day of the event itself; however, you can avoid valuable time on that day and enjoy a 5% discount if you pre-purchase Gourmet Dollars at www.tastemigf.com.
Epicure International Gourmet Village
TasteMIGF will also feature an “Epicure International Gourmet Village”, situated right next to the Theatre of Cuisines. Here, more than 80 purveyors of the finest gourmet food, wines, cigars, and much more, offer their wares in a festive, bazaar-like atmosphere.
The Epicure International Gourmet Village will open to the public from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday 26th September and again from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th September.
Epicure Lifestyle Workshops
This is a unique opportunity to get to know the Festival Master Chefs as they share their culinary secrets. There will also be wine appreciation, mixology classes and many other activities throughout the 2-day weekend. The line-up is still being arranged, however to pre-register early to book your seats, please log on to www.tastemigf.com.
Cooking Classes and Workshops will be conducted on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th September from 1 p.m. until 8.30 p.m. The full schedule of classes and workshops will be available at www.tastemigf.com.
LuxuryPlus Showcase & Workshops
A new inclusion to TasteMIGF this year and located on the same floor as the Epicure Lifestyle Workshops, is the LuxuryPlus Showcase & Workshops where all things luxurious will be on display including high end properties, investment opportunities and much more. The workshops will feature talks and invaluable advice by industry experts.
The LuxuryPlus Showcase will open to the public from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday 26th September and again from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th September.
Workshops are available on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th of September from 1 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. The full schedule of workshops will be available at www.tastemigf.com.
So mark the 26th – 28th September 2014 in your diaries!
TasteMIGF promises to be a spectacular preview for the month-long MIGF 2014 that will heat up the Malaysian dining scene all through October.
More photos at FOOD Malaysia facebook page, a Malaysian food blogger since 2010