FB : The Cooking House
Thanks to the wonderful invitation, I recently went to The Cooking House in Bangsar for a Meet and Greet event which was jointly hosted by popular brands Chefology and McCormick.
Chef Colin Edward Lim of The Cooking House had demonstrated 2 delicious recipes – Cheesy Black Pepper Chicken Salad and Basil Crepes with Caramelised Banana, using McCormick herbs and spices to showcase the quality and versatility of McCormick products that are distributed in Malaysia by GBA Corporation Sdn Bhd.
I teamed up with blogger Carol Lam and Rane Chin to participate in the cooking competition after Chef Colin’s briefing session. We were given 1 hour to prepare the 2 dishes.
Cheesy Black Pepper Chicken Salad Recipe
1 tbsp McCormick Black Peppercorn Grinder
1 tbsp McCormick Sea Salt Grinder
400g Chicken Breast
1 tbsp Oil
2 Heads Romaine Lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
80g Iceberg Lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
30g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
50g Yellow Capsicum, sliced
50g Red Capsicum, sliced
A handful of Red Chard Salad Leaves
A handful mix of Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese
1 tsp McCormick Black Peppercorn Grinder
½ tsp McCormick Hot Chilli Powder
6 tbsp plain yogurt
1. Marinate the chicken breast with McCormick Black Peppercorn Grinder and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up oil in a Chefology Nature Series Frying Pan and pan fry the chicken breast on both sides for a few minutes. Remove from heat. In the same Chefology Nature Series Frying Pan, sprinkle cheese over the chicken then bake in preheated oven on 180oC for 7-10 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add in all the vegetables.
4. Combine the dressing ingredients and toss together with the vegetables.
5. Slice the chicken and toss into salad.
McCormick Sea Salt tends to be coarser with a higher concentration of minerals because it is harvested from the French Mediterranean Sea. Paired with freshly ground black pepper from the McCormick Black Peppercorn Grinder that provides a warm and pungent flavour, a tasty journey is guaranteed.
Basil Crepes with Caramelized Bananas Recipe
½ tsp McCormick Sea Salt Grinder
1 tsp McCormick Basil Leaves
200g Plain Flour, sifted
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
30g Butter, melted
150g Brown Sugar
6 Bananas, halved
1. To make the crepes, combine the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up Chefology Nature Series Frying Pan and rub some oil onto it by using a piece of kitchen towel. Spoon a ladle of mixture onto the pan and cook on medium heat until the underside of the crepe is golden. Flip the crepe over and cook for a further minute. Remove the crepe and repeat with the remaining batter until used up. Set crepes aside.
3. To make the caramelized bananas, heat up Chefology Nature Series Frying Pan to melt butter and sugar together. Toss in bananas and raisins. Set aside.
4. To assemble, place 2 bananas and some raisins onto a piece of crepe. Fold into half and half again. Repeat with the remaining crepes and bananas.
5. Serve warm with whipped cream.
McCormick also offers Grill Mates BBQ Sauce range for an authentic American barbecue flavour to any recipe. A bottle of McCormick spice rub is incorporated into the BBQ Sauce which makes it thick, flavourful and excellent as a sauce, dipping, marinade and glaze. This range of BBQ Sauce is available in three mouth-watering flavours – Vintage Smokehouse, Brown Sugar, as well as Chilli and Pepper.
During the event, Oasis Swiss Sdn Bhd introduced us the newest additions to their Chefology range of cookware, the Chefology Nature series, comprising a collection of 5 cookware items designed for comfort of cooking in the kitchen.
Designed with an ergonomic structure, Chefology Nature cookware is made of die-cast aluminium, with a 6-layer coating that ensures a safer cooking experience. This new series of cookware that boasts a highly durable marble ceramic coating features:
* Durable, scratch-resistant marble ceramic non-stick coating.
* Ergonomic stainless steel long handle for solid grip.
* Even heat distribution with minimal heat loss.
This energy-efficient cookware inspired by nature is user-friendly and suitable for every household. Made with highly durable lava stone, Chefology Nature cookware works on all stoves, including gas, electric, ceramic, and induction cooktops. It is also dishwasher safe. Chef Colin prepared the dishes using the latest Chefology Nature cookware during the event, where the multiple layers of coating help to distribute heat evenly to enable easy cooking without hot spots.
What a fun and creative experience I had during this Meet and Greet event. I look forward to try out more recipes at home using McCormick herbs and spices as well as my new Chefology Nature cookware.
More photos at FOOD Malaysia facebook page, a Malaysian food & lifestyle blogger since 2010