Fahrenheit 88 : 179, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (603–2141 1763 / 1660)
DAMEN Mall : Level 4, Persiaran Kewajipan, USJ 1, 47600 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia (603-8011 7172)
FB : Grand Harbour
Business Hours :
Mon – Sun
Thanks to the wonderful invitation, I recently went to check out Grand Harbour’s signature mooncakes for the reunion celebration of Mid-Autumn Festival this year.
This year, Grand Harbour is introducing 2 new fruit-inspired mooncake flavours that are bound to stimulate your palate. A unique crossover between traditional and modern flavour, the Golden Zest (RM24.50 per piece) is a classic delicacy of lotus paste mooncake with single yolk, infused with the sweetness of honey and has a distinctive tinge of lemony zest.
While the Fruity Duet (RM21.50 per piece) has a smooth rich blend of cranberry and lotus paste, enveloping a sweet pineapple centre that’s simply perfect for fruit lovers. Mooncake lovers who fancy unique refreshing flavours should definitely not miss these!
Besides the new flavours Golden Zest and Fruity Duet, here are the all-time favourites and other creative flavours that will captivate your taste buds.
* White Lotus Double Yolks (RM24.50 per piece)
* White Lotus Single Yolk (RM23.50 per piece)
* White Lotus Paste (RM22.50 per piece)
* Fruits Nuts Mixture (RM22.50 per piece)
* Red Bean Paste (RM15.50 per piece)
* Jade Lotus Single Yolk (RN21.50 per piece)
* Black Sesame with White Lotus (RM22.50 per piece)
* Snow Skin White Lotus (RM18.50 per piece)
* Snow Skin Yam Paste (RM18.50 per piece)
* Snow Skin Red Bean (RM14.50 per piece)
Individually packed in elegant pastel floral themed boxes, you can choose from normal gift box (pink / mint 4 pieces) or 3-tier hexagon corporate gift box (purple 6 pieces) as an ideal present for your loved ones, friends and associates.
Chef Chan also created 3 nourishing a-la-carte dishes using seasonal ingredients like lotus seed, chestnut and red dates for diners to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival at Grand Harbour. Prepared meticulously with lots of cooking techniques, this Steamed Chicken with Lotus Seed and Garlic in Lotus Leaf (RM120++) is bound to whet your appetite with its flavourful brine taste that I enjoyed a lot.
Are you tempted to try this porkylicious dish by just looking at the photo? Braised Spare Ribs with Chestnuts and Fried Onion (RM50++), one of the a-la-carte dishes at Grand Harbour for the celebration of Mid-Autumn Festival that you should not miss. I like the meat, it tastes just nice and is so tender!
After all the heavy foods, this Red Dates Layer Cake (RM9.80++) is perfect to conclude our Mid-Autumn festive meal at Grand Harbour with its light texture, refreshing taste, and natural sweetness from the nourishing red dates.
Celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival in a bigger group? Then simply tuck into the 9-course set menu (RM1188++) to savour heart-warming reunion dinner at Grand Harbour :
* Roasted Suckling Piglet with Curry Powder
* Braised Crab Meat Thick Soup with Assorted Dried Seafood and Crab Roe
* Wok Fried Giant Grouper Fillet in Hong Kong Fishing Village Style
* Steamed Chicken with Lotus Seed and Garlic in Lotus Leaf
* Poached Ming Prawn with Chinese Yellow Wine
* Braised Homemade Bean Curd with Fish Lips and Mushroom in Abalone Sauce
* Fried Rice with Eel and Black Pepper
* Double Boiled Taro Puree with Sago and Coconut Milk
* Complimentary 2 Types of Mooncakes
For more information and latest updates on promotions, please visit www.grandharbour.com.my.
More photos at FOOD Malaysia facebook page, a Malaysian food and lifestyle blogger since 2010