FB : Beko
According to a study, 70 million children around the world will suffer from obesity by 2025. However, feeding children healthy food is a tough challenge.
Thanks for a wonderful invitation, I recently went to the Healthy Eating Cooking Workshop organised by Beko. The company launched a global initiative “Eat Like A Pro” to help parents around the world feed their children more healthy food. As premium partner of FC Barcelona, Beko knows exactly what the top players in the world eat every day in order to perform at their best.
Michelle Phang, Brand Marketing Specialist at Beko Appliances Malaysia shared with us about the brand’s continuing commitment to encourage healthy eating before the workshop began. Beko’s wide range of kitchen appliances featuring smart and helpful technologies are able to deliver healthy food at its best.
We were separated into 3 teams and required to prepare few dishes using Beko’s kitchen appliances like Induction Cooker, Built-in Oven, Vacuum Blender, Hand Blender, Table Blender, and Chopper.
Mushroom Soup (serves 6)
* 50ml olive oil
* 1 shallot, chopped
* 1 garlic clove, chopped
* Choice of mushrooms
* Coriander, finely chopped
* 1/2 lemon, juiced
* 400ml chicken stock
* 125ml double cream
* 50gm butter, diced
* Salt and black pepper
1. Heat some the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic to cook until softened. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper to cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add lemon juice and stock into the pan and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the soup into blender and blend to a smooth puree. Return it to the pan and stir in the cream.
4. Warm on low heat and stir in butter.
5. Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Fry the remaining mushrooms for 3 minutes, or until cooked, season and set aside.
Lemon and Thyme Roasted Chicken (serves 6)
* 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
* 1 chicken
* 1 lemon, halved
* 1/4 large sweet onion
* 1/4 cup fresh thyme sprigs
* 6 garlic cloves, peeled
* Lemon wedges
1. Preheat Beko Built-in Oven to 200 degree Celcius.
2. In a bowl, mix thyme, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
3. Place chicken on rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under chicken and tie drumsticks together.
4. Squeeze juice from lemon over chicken and sprinkle with thyme mixture.
5. Loosely stuff chicken with squeezed lemon halves, onion, thyme sprigs and garlic.
6. Roast it for about 2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 175 degree.
7. Remove chicken from oven and cover it with foil. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving with lemon wedges.
Frozen Yogurt Bites (serves 4)
* 300ml plain yoghurt
* 30gm honey
* Fruits of your choice
1. Add yoghurt, honey and fruits into Beko Blender and blend till well mixed.
2. Scoop yoghurt mixture into a mould or ice cube tray.
3. Put a wooden stick on top and freeze.
4. Add some decorative topping and ready to serve.
A comparison of tomato juice made using the Beko Vacuum Blender (on the right) and a conventional blender (on the left). The Beko Vacuum Blender produces an even blend so there is no pulp and juice separation. It also prevents oxidation for a better looking and tasting end product.
The food was finally served!! Overall, we had so much fun cooking together with the Beko’s kitchen appliances. My personal favourite would be their Vacuum Blender that comes with vacuuming technology and variable speed settings with pulse. To learn more about Beko’s products, you can visit their website at www.beko.my.
More photos at FOOD Malaysia facebook page, a Malaysian food and lifestyle blogger since 2010