Sunway Lagoon Malaysia
3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway
47500 Selangor, Malaysia
Tel : 603-5639 0000
FB : Sunway Lagoon Malaysia
Business Hours :
Mon – Sun 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Are you missing the fun of water splash? Thanks for the wonderful invitation, I recently went to Sunway Lagoon’s Reopening Event following its closure since March 18 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Providing new BEST DAY EVER customer experiences in the best interest of guests and employees, Sunway Lagoon has been ramping up efforts since January this year by instating and maintaining the highest safety and health standards in adherence to the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health (MOH).
• All staff are required to fill in a digital self-declaration form which was introduced group wide.
• All staff are required to have their body temperature taken.
• All staff are required to wear face masks.
• Social distancing practices at stations, locker rooms, washrooms, suraus, and staff canteens.
• Staff to minimize physical contact with guests such as non-contact greeting.
• Wildlife Park staff practice bio security procedures and are equipped with protection gears while handling animals to prevent any contamination from human to animal and vice versa. UV lights and germicide treatment have also been increased to eliminate unwanted viruses.
• Guests are encouraged to pre-purchase their entrance tickets via online.
• Guests are required to fill in a digital self-declaration form before entering Sunway Lagoon.
• Guests will have their body temperature taken prior to entering the theme park.
• Wearing of face masks are encouraged (exclusively designed face masks are also available for purchase as souvenirs).
• Social distancing is introduced at queue lines and rides.
• Guests to sanitise hands upon entering and exiting rides.
• Guests are required to use a face mask and apply hand sanitizer before interacting with the animals and to wash their hands with soap at the designated sinks after each contact.
• Sanitizers will be available for guests to use at all Ticketing Counters, Rides Entry & Exits, Food and Retail Outlets, and All Cashier Counters.
• Food and Retail outlets will practice social distancing, limiting guests into outlets and all contact points will be continuously cleansed and disinfected.
• Rides will be cleaned and disinfected after each ride cycle.
• Frequent disinfecting will be conducted at the surau premises. Limited to a certain capacity at a time, designated praying areas will be marked to ensure social distancing and guests will need to bring their own praying mat as well as praying attire.
• Guests are encouraged to make contactless payment via e-payment options available in the park such as credit card, e-wallet (Maybank QRPay, AliPay, Grabpay, UnionPay) and Sunway Lagoon e-load.
• Lockers will be wiped and sanitised after every usage.
• All high touch point areas are sanitized every 2-hours (ex: escalator rails, door handles, high traffic areas).
• Pools are chlorinated and the water quality is consistently checked every 2-hours featuring an auto dosing system used for maintaining pool water chemistry at required parameters.
Mr. Calvin Ho, Executive Director of Sunway Theme Parks conveys, “We have customers enquiring via our social media platforms on safety in all our pools. We want to reassure our customers that Sunway Lagoon has always prided itself in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. There is also consistent check of our water quality including testing by an independent third-party water quality control contractor. We are always in constant contact with MOH should the need arise and to ensure that factual information is channelled to the public in a consistent manner.”
“As we have practised prior to MCO, guests are reminded to take good care of their personal hygiene while enjoying the park. We will be providing our guests with hand sanitizers prior to and after feeding the animals to protect both humans and our furry friends,” added Calvin.
Mr. Calvin Ho who manages over 90 attractions spread across 88 acres in Sunway Lagoon upon reflection has this to say on the industry outlook, “Necessity is the mother of all innovation. We’ll have to keep innovating to keep up with the ‘new normal’ as information is still very much fluid at this juncture and changing every day. Sunway Lagoon will continue to create novel, quality experiences that are value for money that you can only find in a place no other than an outdoor theme park.”
For more information, kindly visit www.sunwaylagoon.com.
More photos at FOOD Malaysia facebook page, a Malaysian food and lifestyle blogger since 2010