FB : Botanica+Co
Botanica+Co Bangsar South (G5 Podium, The Verticals, Bangsar South City, 8, Jalan Kerinchi, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Mon – Fri 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. ; Sat, Sun & PH 9:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Botanica+Co Alila Bangsar (Ground Floor, Alila Bangsar, 58, Jalan Ang Seng, 50470 Kuala Lumpur)
Mon – Fri 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. ; Sat, Sun & PH 9:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. (current hours in view of Covid-19 pandemic)
In the spirit of Merdeka and Malaysia Day this year, Botanica presents this season’s specials with Botanica Family Sets. Together with his culinary team, Area Executive Chef Chuan Lim is determined to create a seasonal menu close to his heart – of nostalgic and homely flavours that honour the diverse cultures in Malaysia.
This menu features 4 family sets perfect for sharing. Each set features homely flavours and ingredients of a heritage, using Chef Chuan Lim’s creative adaptations of traditional family recipes passed down generations.
Some local dishes may look humble, but the culture behind it and the ingredients used can be profound. If you understand them, your dish will reflect its story and you will execute a better dish." – Chef Chuan Lim, Area Executive Chef of Botanica+CoLearn about the inspiring story behind this seasonal menu via our short film – a special dedication for Merdeka and Malaysia Day, celebrating Malaysia's food culture.
Posted by Botanica+Co at Bangsar South on Sunday, 23 August 2020
Chef Chuan hopes that this year’s Merdeka menu will convey the heart-warming message that Malaysia is home to a diverse group of people, and the food cultures of all people are equally celebrated and beautifully intertwined with one another. As ‘social distancing’ and ‘stay-home’ remain encouraged, these sets can be enjoyed in the comforts of your home or office, or at their restaurant if you miss dining with an ambiance.
Botanica Family Sets Menu
Each set serves up to 4 pax, includes a carafe of house-infused rose pomegranate lemonade and dessert of the day.
Taste Of The Kampung (RM198 nett) – A culinary display of the Malay heritage and favourite dishes, includes all of the following:
* Beef Rendang – Fork-tender slow-cooked beef with spiced paste and coconut milk
* Bo+Co Chicken Curry – Nenek’s recipe of chicken curry with potato
* Asam Pedak Ikan – Local spiced curry with tilapia fish, lady’s finger, tomato
* Terung Sambal – Stir-fried eggplant with house-made sambal
* Fragrant Steamed Basmati Rice
The Maharajah’s Vegetarian Set (RM168 nett) – A meat-less feast fit the for king with bold Indian flavours, includes all of the following:
* Cauliflower Tikka Masala – Roasted cauliflower, masala curry and chickpea
* Aloo Gobi – Potato and cauliflower with aromatic spices and cilantro
* Bhindi Do Pyaza – Stir-fry okra with mixed spices, garam masala and ground spice
* Pavakkai Varuval – Stir-fry bitter gourd with mixed spices and chilli
* Vegetarian Biryani – Fragrant long grain basmati rice pilaf cooked with vegetable and aromatic spices
Bo+Co Chopsuey Indulgence (RM268 nett) – Tuck into nourishing and comfort oriental favourites, includes all of the following:
* Double-boiled Herbal Chicken Soup – Double-boiled kampong chicken, cordyceps flower, slow-cooked chicken broth
* Colours of Red Snapper – Whole deep-fried red snapper fish, sweet and sour sauce, diced onion and peppers
* Duck Stew – Stewed duck with fermented soybean, potato, dried chilli and edamame
* Homely Stir-fry – Stir-fry seasonal vegetables with goji berry, gingko nut and lily bulb
* Fragrant Steamed Jasmine Rice
The Brilliant Botanica Roast (RM298 nett) – Satisfy your gourmet palette with this delightful roast, includes all of the following:
* Wild Mushroom Soup – Creamy wild mushroom soup with truffle oil
* Roast Platter – Herb-crusted lamb roast, whole-roasted garlic chicken (lamb leg 600g and chicken 1.6kg pre-cook)
* Tuscan Salmon – Norwegian roast salmon with butter sauce in Tuscan flavours (salmon 500g pre-cook)
* Seasonal Vegetables – Herbed butter sautéed seasonal vegetables
* Herbed Butter Rice – Jasmine rice with butter and herbs
The theme of this year’s Merdeka menu’s design uses the botanical print of the Bunga Raya, Malaysia’s national flower which represents courage, vitality, and unity of our multi cultures. Inspired by the strength of this symbolic flower, the Hibiscus Flower Dessert (RM25 nett) is created as part of this season’s special.
Available all through August and September, this pink beauty showcases the qualities of organic hibiscus tea done 3-way – curd, macaron, and glaze. They are paired with fluffy chocolate sponge cake and chocolate ‘soil’ for complementary textures and tastes.
Botanica will be giving away 3 exclusive experiences of A Bunga Raya-themed Afternoon Tea. Each experience allows the lucky winner to bring along 5 friends for an intimate and fun afternoon. The session includes a live demo by their culinary team on making a dessert using the Hibiscus flower, and a light afternoon tea with cakes and coffee or tea.
To stand a chance to win this experience, any of the following will entitle you to a lucky draw ticket: every purchase of any Family Set, and/or every purchase of the Hibiscus Flower dessert, and/or every RM100 in a single receipt. The draw will happen on Merdeka Day, Malaysia Day and final day of this promotion on 30 September 2020.
For more information, kindly visit their website at www.botanica.com.my.