Thanks to the wonderful invitation, I recently went to the launching event of Australian Food Trail Campaign, which was held at Breakfast Thieves Bangsar by the Australian High Commission, Malaysia.
The Australian Food Trail, a month long campaign from 1st to 26th May 2017, celebrates Australia’s exciting, creative and multicultural food scene as well as the strong people-to-people links between Australia and Malaysia.
There will be 14 leading Malaysian restaurants and cafes showcasing their interpretation of Modern Australian cuisine during this campaign. Each of these venues has a connection with Australia – Malaysian foodies bringing Aussie influences home from their travels; Aussie expats setting up shop in Malaysia; or chefs using Australia’s fresh, safe and sustainable produce in their gastronomic creations.
• Bon Ton (Langkawi)
• Bonfire (Kuala Lumpur)
• Breakfast Thieves (Kuala Lumpur)
• Burps and Giggles (Ipoh)
• China House (Penang)
• Common Man Coffee Roasters (Kuala Lumpur)
• Drift Dining (Kuala Lumpur)
• Enak KL (Kuala Lumpur)
• Indulgence Restaurant & Living (Ipoh)
• Marble 8 (Kuala Lumpur)
• Ruyi & Lyn (Kuala Lumpur)
• Southern Rock Seafood Restaurant (Kuala Lumpur)
• The Red Beanbag (Kuala Lumpur)
• Toowoomba Deli and Meats (Kuala Lumpur)
“Australia’s culinary traditions reflect the diverse, multicultural character of our society, of which Malaysia is very much a part, as well as the natural bounty of our land. The Australian Food Trail gives Malaysians here a chance to savour of our culinary excellence at some fine local restaurants, and discover what the taste of Australia is all about,” said His Excellency, Rod Smith PSM, Australian High Commissioner to Malaysia.
Come join the Australian Food Trail to discover what Australian food is all about, for the chance to win a grand prize of 2x return economy flights from Kuala Lumpur to Perth, courtesy of Malindo Air worth RM9,000. Consolation prizes of health screening vouchers covering 32 pathology tests courtesy of Gribbles Pathology, worth RM72 each, will also be up for grabs.
How It Works
1. Visit one of the participating outlets (list below)
2. Order their special ‘Australian Food Trail Campaign’ meal
3. Take a photo of your meal
4. Share the photo on Facebook and tag #MYOzFood and @AusinMalaysia
For more info, kindly visit malaysia.highcommission.gov.au/klpr/foodtrail_photocompetition.html.