Whittaker’s Chocolate Lovers
Thanks to the wonderful invitation, I recently went to the Whittaker’s Chocolate Indulgence Tour event, a New Zealand-made chocolate, the country’s Most Trusted Brand and a favourite among chocolate lovers. The brand has expanded into the Asian market, with its chocolate now widely available in China, North Asia, and South-East Asia.
Whittaker’s was established over 120 years ago by J.H. Whittaker, and is now directed by third-generation Whittakers, brothers Andrew and Brian. The next generation of Whittakers, brother and sister Matt and Holly, work in the business as Head of International Markets and Marketing Manager respectively.
Do you know that, Whittaker’s chocolate is all made at its one factory in Porirua, New Zealand, and is the only major chocolate manufacturer in New Zealand that ensures quality by controlling the whole manufacturing process – from beans to bar. Each step in the chocolate-making process, from receiving the cocoa bean in its raw form to the final wrapped product, is done at the Whittaker’s factory.
“Our core focus on producing quality, world-class chocolate is why we think we have been voted New Zealand’s Most Trusted Brand for six years in a row. We’re proud to be an exporter of premium New Zealand produce, and to be expanding our community of Whittaker’s Chocolate Lovers around the world,” said Matt Whittaker, the 4th generation of Whittaker’s Chocolate family business.
To demonstrate how versatile Whittaker’s Chocolate is, Chef Faizah was showing us step by step how to make perfectly smooth chocolate ganache with Whittaker’s Chocolate, butter and cream.
We get to taste varieties of flavours and understand more about the products during the three fun activities at Whittaker’s Chocolate Indulgence Tour, which were Hunting Session, Blind Date, and Muffin Decorating.
Whittaker’s core range is Halal Certified and features a variety of flavours available in 200g Blocks, 50g Slabs, 50g Chunks and Mini Slabs. Their top-selling Almond Gold is my favourite, other favourites include 5-Roll Refined Creamy Milk Block, 72% Cocoa Dark Ghana, Dark Almond and Dark Peppermint.
The premium chocolate range Artisan Collection is in 100g sizes and feature unique flavour combinations which have been created using the finest ingredients from New Zealand.
The new products that were introduced to Malaysia’s market recently :
Limited Edition L&P (Lemon & Paeroa) Sharebag 180g (Oct 2017)
• White chocolate 28% cocoa.
• L&P is the iconic national beverage since 1904. A fizzy drink that combines carbonated mineral water from the town of Paeroa with lemon juice.
• Including popping candy.
Limited Edition Dark Orange Sharebag 180g (Oct 2017)
• Dark chocolate 50% cocoa.
• Infused with a high quality Brazilian orange oil.
Coconut – Block 200g and Sharebag 180g (Nov 2017)
• 33% cocoa with delicious, toasted coconut flakes (18%).
• Combined with creamy milk chocolate.
• Successful limited edition in 2016, now a regular SKU.
Limited Edition Artisan Hawke’s Bay Black Doris Plum and Roasted Almonds 100g (Dec 2017)
• 50% cocoa with medium sized freeze dried plum in purple black skin and dark red sweet, juicy flesh.
• Black Doris is known for its unique texture and colour and depth of flavour.
• Sourced from two local growers, Hawke’s Bay is on the first coast to see the sun every morning.
Limited Edition Artisan Single Origin Samoan Cacao 100g (Dec 2017)
• 64% cocoa with a robust, full-flavour, earthy and rich sweet chocolate taste.
• Created using only Trinitario Cocoa beans from the perfect growing climate of Northwestern Savaii in Samoa.
If you are around Ikano Power Centre from 12-15 October, remember to stop by Ben’s Independent Grocer as Whittaker’s will be giving away complimentary mini Whittaker’s chocolate slab with every coffee purchased. It is on a first come first serve basis so be hurry ya!
More photos at FOOD Malaysia facebook page, a Malaysian food & lifestyle blogger since 2010