Tai Thong Group Malaysia
Thanks to the wonderful invitation, I recently went to Tai Thong for their Chinese New Year dishes sampling event, where chef introduced some of the best comforting dishes with a touch of luxury from the festive menu this year. Themed ‘A Bundle of Prosperity’, their specially curated gourmet dishes like Poon Choi, Yee Sang, Waxed Meat, “Nian Gao” and many more are both rich in symbolism and culinary finesse, designed to offer a feast for the senses.
Kick off a prosperous Chinese New Year by raising your chopsticks and Loh Hei to boost good luck and fortune with healthy Fruits Yee Sang selections at Tai Thong. A dish rich in symbolism, you can choose between Luxurious Salmon and Smoked Duck Fortune Yee Sang (RM68++ half portion; RM108++ full portion) or the Golden Fortune Yee Sang with Assorted Fruits and Nuts (RM68++ half portion; RM108++ full portion).
Fresh yet rich in flavours, chef carefully selected a few auspicious fruits such as ruby-red pomegranate, juicy dragon fruit, tangy mandarin orange and floral-sweet rose apple for the Yee Sang creations this year. You can also order Australian 5-head Sliced Abalone (RM68++ per portion), Jelly Fish (RM18++ per portion), or Crispy Cracker (RM6.80++ per pack) to enhance the golden abundance of your favourite Yee Sang.
Diners will be spoilt for choice as skilful chefs at Tai Thong has whipped up 4 exclusive set menus, which are ideal for private dining with family, friends or business associates in celebration of Chinese New Year.
Flourish Fortune (RM538++ 6 pax ; RM838++ 10 pax)
* Fortune Salmon and Sea Bird’s Nest Yee Sang
* Braised Crab Meat Soup with Premium Shredded Abalone
* Gourmet Free Range Chicken with Hong Kong Vegetables
* Golden Fried Sea Prawns with Fragrant Garlic
* Steamed King Grouper Fillets with Black Fungus
* Braised Assorted Seafood with Seasonal Vegetable
* Fried Rice with Chinese Cured Meat
* Double-Boiled Snow Swallow with Sweet Papaya and Red Dates
* Taro and Matcha Sticky Rice Cake
Blooming Prosperity (RM638++ 6 pax ; RM1038++ 10 pax)
* Prosperity Salmon and Snow Pear Yee Sang
* Braised Fish Maw with Snow Swallow Soup
* Signature Iberico Pork Ribs Baked in Champagne
* Steamed Estuary Tiger Grouper with Signature Fragrance Oil
* Herb-Marinated Grass Prawn Cooked with Yellow Rice Wine
* Golden Oyster in Honey Glaze with Fish Maw and Mushroom
* Lotus Leaf Rice with Chinese Cured Meat
* Chilled Crystal Peach Resin with Longan and Sea Coconut
* Radish Cake and Red Date “Nian Gao” Duet
Abundant Delight (RM888++ 6 pax ; RM1488++ 10 pax)
* Golden Fortune Yee Sang with Assorted Fruits and Nuts
* Double-Boiled Chicken Soup with Mushroom and Cordyceps
* Roast Suckling Pig and Smoked Duck Duo
* Steamed Sliced Cod with Mushroom and Chicken Ham
* Steamed Chicken with Hong Kong Vegetables
* Golden Oyster in Honey Glaze with Whole Abalone
* Claypot Sausage Rice Hong Kong Style
* Double-Boiled Snow Seeds with Snow Pear and Chinese Healing Herbs
* Sticky Ginger Rice Cake Coated with Almond
Golden Auspicious (RM1198++ 6 pax ; RM1898++ 10 pax)
* Auspicious Fish Roe Yee Sang with Assorted Fruits and Nuts
* Double-Boiled Buddha Jump Over the Wall with Abalone
* Hong Kong Style Roast Suckling Pig
* Cheesy Baked Giant Prawn
* Steamed River Patin with Superior Soy
* Steamed Giant Scallop with Golden Garlic and Glass Vermicelli
* Claypot Sausage Rice Hong Kong Style
* Double-Boiled Yellow Wood Fungus with Chinese Healing Herbs and Dates
* Premium Belgian Chocolate Infused in Nitrogen
Priced at RM988 (a la carte), this Hua Tiao Egg White Steamed Alaskan King Crab is bound to whet your appetite this Chinese New Year with its juicy tender meat. Customers who order Abundant Delight and Golden Auspicious set menus can upgrade the seafood dish to this big tantalizing Alaskan King Crab for additional RM398 only! 3 days in advance booking is required.
For Poon Choi lovers, this year Tai Thong offers 2 types of varieties, Opulent Poon Choi (RM398++ per pot) and Prestigious Poon Choi with 10 Heads Abalone (RM568++ per pot), featuring the delicate Mexican abalone, conpoy and imported golden oyster that elevates the dish with its earthy, smoky undertones.
Other ingredients like Sea Cucumber, Fish Maw, Dried Oyster, Sea Prawn, Straw Mushroom, Roast Duck, Braised Pork Knuckle, Vegetarian Goose, Fresh Beancurd Stick, Button Mushroom, Taro, Radish, Jin Bai, Broccoli, and Fatt Choy will be cooked together in the Golden Poon Choi with savoury Abalone Oyster Sauce.
For an ultimate decadent experience, imported premium quality Golden Oyster (RM68++ per portion of 8 pieces) and Giant Scallop (RM98++ per portion of 8 pieces) are also available add into your Golden Poon Choi.
I love “Nian Gao”, it is one of my must-eat festive delights in the Chinese New Year. Chef Loo, Tai Thong’s Master Chef and culinary visionary, has perfected his homemade recipe to ensure the deliciously Matcha and Jujube flavoured “Nian Gao” are well-balanced in its sweetness. Its texture is soft and slightly chewy for a burst of flavour and textural contrast in every bite.
Using a heritage recipe that has been passed down, the savoury Taro Cake and Radish Cake are made with the best quality taro and complementing ingredients. It is served with a piquant XO sauce that is guaranteed to pique the palate.
Customers can purchase any 2 of the Chinese pastries for just RM38 nett. It will be given 2 Chinese pastries as complimentary too if you order their set menu for 10 pax.
Besides serving pork dishes at Imperial China Subang, Imperial Garden PJ, Imperial City Cheras, Tai Thong Odeon Kepong, and Royal China Ipoh, Tai Thong also serves Muslim friendly menus at these pork-free outlets such as Oriental Pearl Bukit Kiara, Oriental Pearl Bukit Jalil, Spring Garden Kota Permai, Spring Garden Tropicana, and Spring Garden KLCC.
For reservations or enquiries on their Chinese New Year specials, please call 1800-88-2338 or check out their website at www.taithong.com.my,official Facebook page at www.fb.com/TaiThong as well as Instagram account at www.instagram.com/taithonggroup.
More photos at FOOD Malaysia facebook page, a Malaysian food and lifestyle blogger since 2010