FB : MY Potatoes USA
Baked, fried, or mashed, there is no wrong way to cook potatoes!
U.S. potatoes come in a variety of sizes, colors, and textures that can be easily prepared in under 30 minutes to keep your meals interesting. It is super easy to flavour the potatoes any way you want. Season with spices or stack together with cheese, potatoes are super versatile and customizable to cook!
Baked without using cooking oil, this potato dish is one of my favourites especially during tea time or as an appetizer. Easy to prepare with simple ingredients, let’s try out this Baked Cheese Potatoes recipe using the U.S. Russet Potatoes.
Baked Cheese U.S. Potatoes
* U.S. Russet Potatoes (cooked) 600g
* Mozzarella Cheese 20g
* Mozzarella Cheese (smashed) 50g
* Cheddar Cheese (smashed) 20g
* Onion (chopped) 50g
* Carrot (chopped) 50g
* Mayonnaise 1 1/2 tbsp
* Lemon Juice
* Black Pepper
1. Boil the U.S. potatoes in water until soft.
2. Using a small knife, slit the potatoes lengthwise and spread it out, leaving the shape intact.
3. Combine smashed potato with the fillings and return to the shell, top with mozzarella cheese for more flavours. Then put it on the bake tray.
4. Select Convection function and preheat at 200 degree Celcius.
5. After preheating, put the bake tray in the lower shelf position, set for 15-17 minutes and press start.
Naturally nutrient-dense, one medium-sized (148g) potato provides just 110 calories, 30% of your daily value of vitamin C, and more potassium than a banana (15% of daily value).
It is a misconception that the potato is a fattening food as potato contains no fat, no sodium, and no cholesterol. Research suggests that potatoes are one of the most filling foods available. It is the calories that count, not eliminating a certain food, therefore you can even include potatoes as part of your weight loss program.
Whether you lead an active lifestyle or not, there is a U.S. potato option that can fuel your body and brain throughout the day. You can bake, mash or boil the U.S. potatoes and pair with any protein. Consuming carbohydrate along with protein during post exercise may aid in recovery. A medium-sized U.S. fresh potato has 26g of carbohydrate plus 3g of complete protein.
Related Post : US Potato Fest, Culinary Best @ KDU University College