Le French Festival – MY
The Le French Festival (LFF) is back!
Thanks to the wonderful invitation, I recently went to the launching event of Le French Festival, a festival that is for everyone from all walks of life including families and children, French enthusiasts, movie buffs, and foodies among others.
Esteemed Malaysian actress, director, and comedian, Ms Sharifah Amani who is an unwavering supporter of diversity in cinema and an ardent enthusiast of French cinema was also at the launching event as special guest.
Happening from 4th April to 12th May in 4 major cities, Le French Festival is set to whisk Malaysians on an immersive experience of captivating events including French cinema screenings, art exhibitions, music and theatre performances, gastronomy and more.
The 18th edition of Le French Festival is proudly presented by G. H. Mumm Champagne, the No. 1 Grande Maison champagne in France, and Golden Screen Cinemas as a longstanding collaborator and partner of the French Film Festival.
“A platform of exchange is inevitably in need for everyone to be able to express and interact with, without the existence of cultural boundaries. With LFF’s perennial history, we’re encouraged to see the affinity between Malaysia and France thrive as we are honoured to reach a pinnacle of our journey where this year, we have the privilege of working with local collaborators to create and present French content by Malaysians,” said Mr Jacques Bounin, Director of Alliance Française Kuala Lumpur.
Le French Festival 2019 will feature the most current trends and entertainment from France including :
* The largest French Film Festival in Malaysia with 15 of the latest award winning French films (with English subtitles)
* A diverse range of Malaysian musicians performing French music
* Live theatre shows and dance performances
* Art de Vivre events including food & drink tastings, cooking classes and much more!
Organisers Alliance Française (AF) together with the Embassy of France in Malaysia collaborate with the nationally acclaimed theatre company in Malaysia, KL Shakespeare Players (KLSP) to create a special performance for Le French Festival 2019, a re-interpretation of “Cyrano de Bergerac” (“The Story of Cyrano de Bergerac”) deemed to be the most famous play in French theatre.
Some other exhilarating highlights to look forward to at Le French Festival 2019 include:
* FUNAN – Enjoy the French animated film that won Best Movie Award at the Annecy Animated Film Festival 2018, written and directed by talented French filmmaker Denis Do.
* Paris, by Lorànt Deutsch – Take a walk along the Seine river with renowned French actor and writer Lorànt Deutsch in a lively theatre show.
* Exit – A humorous and frivolous extraordinary hip-hop performance, by Art Move Concept.
* Brave New World Pop Art Exhibition – Marvel at contemporary French artist Argadol’s masterpieces created exclusively for Le French Festival 2019 that depict current global challenges through visually stunning Pop and Street Art.
* Artisan bread workshops with PAUL – Learn to make French breads first-hand from the Master Bakers of PAUL, the Ambassador of the French art de vivre.
Festival enthusiasts can look forward to Le French Festival 2019 at Kuala Lumpur (4 – 28 April), Penang (25 April – 5 May), Johor Bahru (2 – 5 May), and Kota Kinabalu (9 – 12 May). For more information, please visit www.lefrenchfestival.com.my or fb.com/lefrenchfestivalmy.
Related Post : Cinema, Performing Arts, Lifestyle @ Le French Festival 2020