Mission Foods Malaysia
Do you understand the importance of having a healthy breakfast?
Thanks for the wonderful invitation, I recently went to Yellow Brick Road Cafe for the launching event of Mission Foods’ new range of Healthy Wraps. Mission Foods, the world’s largest flatbread producer, is introducing a healthier way to wrap things up in the kitchen for those who are looking to lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
Available in 3 variants, each of the healthy wraps has its own distinctive taste and qualities. The Reduced Carb Wraps contain 70% less carbs and 90% less sugar than a regular wrap and are a source of protein and fibre, catering to consumers seeking to lower their carb intake, whilst the Quinoa Wraps and Chia Wraps are fortified with superfoods that are both high in nutrients and loaded with antioxidants and omega-3, and they are both a source of protein and fibre.
“With our new line of Healthy Wraps now available, we hope to make an impactful change in the lives of Malaysians striving for a healthier and better lifestyle. Let us be a part of your mission for a better you,” said Randall Tan, Brand Manager of Mission Foods South Asia.
Mission Foods has teamed up with Malaysian champions Farah Ann and Peter Davis in a ‘Breakfast of Champions’ campaign. The campaign aims to inspire more Malaysians to get into a winner’s mind set by giving them a glimpse of what these champions have for breakfast every day.
You can follow Farah Ann and Peter Davis various social media platforms as they will share their breakfast favourites using the Healthy Wraps range through online.
“Many people have the wrong idea and practice of skipping breakfast in order to stay fit and lean but this is not the right way. Not only does this do more harm to our body but it prevents us from staying on top of our game and leaves us feeling drained and moody by the end of the day,” said Farah, an artistic gymnast who brought home multiple medals at the recent SEA.
She demonstrated 2 fun and easy recipes – ‘Banana in Chiajammies’ using the Chia wrap and ‘It’s a Party in my Wrap’ recipe staring the Reduced Carb wrap.
It’s A Party In My Wrap
* 1 Mission Reduced Carb Wrap
* 180 gm Chicken Breast, diced
* 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper Powder
* 1/2 Lemon, juiced
* 1/2 Mango, diced
* 3/4 Pineapple, diced
* 4 Cherry Tomatoes, diced
* 1/4 head Purple Cabbage, finely shredded
* 50 gm Feta Cheese, diced
* 1 tbsp Olive Oil
* Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Prepare the marinade by mixing cayenne pepper powder, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken cubes and let marinate in the fridge for an hour or more.
2. In a pan over medium heat, saute the mango and pineapple cubes for 3 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a separate pan, heat olive oil and fry the marinated chicken until cooked. Once cooked, transfer into a bowl and add the mango, pineapple and cherry tomatoes, mix well.
4. Warm Mission Reduced Carb Wrap according to instructions on the pack.
5. Assemble the wrap by putting the cooked ingredients onto the wrap and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. Ready to serve.
“As an MMA fighter, I have to stay sharp and focused at all times, to be swift like a coursing river. My energy level has to be constant throughout, and so I require food that is low in sugar and rich in fibre and protein which is why superfoods such as Quinoa and Chia benefits me tremendously,” said Peter who has won numerous MMA championships and continues to fight actively.
He demonstrated 2 recipes at the launch – the simple and cheesy ‘High Protein Spinach Feta’ recipe with the Chia wrap and ‘Sea Bed’ recipe using the Quinoa wrap. Peter favoured the Reduced Carb wrap because of the high fibre but low carb and sugar content compared to other wraps in the market.
High Protein Spinach Feta
* 2 Mission Chia Wraps
* 100 gm Baby Spinach, chopped
* 4 Sundried Tomatoes, chopped
* 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
* 50 gm Feta Cheese
* 2 Egg Whites, scrambled fried
* 2 tbsp Olive Oil
1. In a pan, heat olive oil over low heat and cook the baby spinach and sundried tomatoes for 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat Mission Chia Wraps according to instructions on the pack.
3. Spread a wrap with cream cheese and top with fried vegetables. Crumble some Feta cheese and finish off with the scrambled egg. Roll up to serve.
Nothing beats starting the day like a winner! You can get the new Healthy Wraps range at all leading supermarkets on the bread aisle alongside their existing range of Supersoft Wraps, Naan, Pita, Pizza Crusts and Chips.
More photos at FOOD Malaysia facebook page, a Malaysian food and lifestyle blogger since 2010
Related Post : #RipStripSkipTheDip with All New Mission Corn Strips