FB : Giant Malaysia
It’s the little things that make a Giant difference!!
Giant, one of Malaysia’s leading food retailers, launched its brand-new range of exciting customer offerings recently to better deliver on its promise of freshness, quality and value in addition to unveiling an entirely new look and feel across all 57 stores in the country.
The extensive refresh is one of Giant’s most significant developments since the establishment of the home-grown retailer in 1944 and builds on Giant’s position of being the low-price leader of Malaysia in providing customers with best value. This move also follows the result of Giant’s research on what truly matters to customers – fresh, quality products at great value, as well as a positive shopping experience.
Brand New Offerings
Customers can now look forward to Giant’s many refreshed new offerings that were developed specifically to meet these demands :
• Launch of over 2000 new products across fresh food, groceries, and household essentials in-store to excite and delight customers.
• World of Food, where Giant customers will now be able to enjoy an even wider selection of new imported food selections from all around the world, as well as local delicacies from home-grown companies.
• Ringgit Zone, available at selected stores, is a completely new proposition that reinforces Giant’s position the price leader with RM3 per item products across all categories for customers on a budget.
• General Merchandise Section, a complete reinvention of Giant’s General Merchandise range to deliver good quality products at affordable prices that satisfy everyday needs. Customers can look forward to over 700 new products here, from cooking needs, appliances, home storage and organization, to toys and leisure.
• Ready To Eat offerings at selected hypermarkets such as freshly baked delights every day from in-store bakeries with a wide range from breads and loaves, to cakes and assorted buns. Giant is also adopting a hub and spoke model to enable the delivery of freshly baked products from their hyper stores to rest of Giant store network.
• Guardian, Health & Beauty Care stores are now placed in select Giant hypermarkets, superstores, and supermarkets, providing a convenient one-stop for customers to get the best of both worlds.
Meadows – Quality at Great Value, No. 1 Brand in Giant
Bringing customers even greater quality and value to help stretch their dollar, Dairy Farm launched Meadows, an own brand offering globally sourced high-quality food, with prices that are significantly more affordable than the equivalent brands. Already the leading brand in Giant, there have been over 240 Meadows products launched that have been extremely well-received, and customers can look forward to the launch of 210 more Meadows products in the coming year.
Amazing Value and Great Deals
To excite customers even further, Giant will be launching more Value Deals such as multibuy offers, festive essentials, and category discounts of up to 50% as part of the launch.
Commitment to Freshness, Quality and Value
Since the early 2000s, Giant has firmly established itself as the lowest price leader in Malaysia and has previously been voted as such by customers. Giant also received the Fair Price Award in 2016 awarded by the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumerism Malaysia for ensuring quality, value, and services to consumers at a reasonable price.
Building on this trust and expectation, Giant remains committed to delivering on its promise of providing fresh products at great value for all, by partnering closely with key suppliers, farmers and fisherman so that customers can always depend on market-fresh quality at great prices every day.
Some of the improvements on fresh offerings include the introduction of better, brighter displays, more product variety, availability, and purchase options (loose nuts, snacks, spices, bulks buys). And as a commitment to this fresher promise, Giant will provide a refund if customers are not 100% satisfied.
Improved Service Levels
As part of Giant’s ongoing efforts to improve, it has enhanced the customer journey in stores with team members offering fantastic service across all store touchpoints.
For example, Giant has committed to a new Service Promise where, when the check-out queue snakes to a particular point, it will trigger all the check-out counters to be opened and customers to be served immediately. For enhanced convenience, Giant will also be offering e-wallet payment options such as Touch ‘n Go and Boost app for a more seamless checkout experience.
To provide further confidence to our customers, Giant continues its unwavering focus on hygiene and safety measures, so that customers can shop with us with us with peace of mind.
Brand New Look and Feel
All these changes have been supported with a bright new look and feel in store, bursting with colour and warmth that meet the demands of today’s customers, along with a brand-new logo that is in line with a brand-new customer experience.
Expanded Shopping Experience
The brand refresh will also stretch across to Giant’s convenience format as well, extending the brand’s great offering and value to the neighbourhood for daily quality fresh and essentials.
Beginning with the launch the newly branded Giant Mini in the Klang Valley recently, customers will see the conversion of all existing G Ekspres and ShopSmart stores to Giant Mini within the month. There will be 10 more Giant Mini stores open this year.
Mr Chris Bush, Dairy Farm Chief Executive Officer for Southeast Asia Food Business said, “We recognise that these continue to be challenging times, and we remain more committed than ever before to being Malaysia’s best value food retailer – providing great prices and amazing value on products our customers buy the most of, especially during the times our customers will appreciate it the most.”
“With this refresh, we have listened closely and acted on what our customers have told us on what matters to them, and as a result we have upgraded all our store operations and hygiene standards, product availability and service levels.”
“We are proud of Giant’s long history as a leading value retailer in Malaysia, and we remain dedicated to continuously improving to serve our customers the best we can, because we understand the importance of providing our customers with a better store experience. We have been working hard to deliver to our customers what they have asked for – every part of the customer experience and been reviewed and refreshed, because we know that ultimately, it’s the little things that make a Giant difference!” For more information, please visit www.giant.com.my.
Related Post : Celebrate “Rimbunan Raya” With Fahrenheit88 Kuala Lumpur