No. 1, Jalan PJU 1A/48, Ara Damansara
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel : 603-7662 5000
FB : CITTA Mall
Business Hours :
Mon – Sun 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
A year without Christmas can feel pretty dismal, though all of that is about to change as CITTA Mall will be jingling all the way once again this December!
As Malaysia returns to a state of relative normalcy with over 80% of the populace fully vaccinated, CITTA Mall is ready to jump back into the festive mood as shoppers are eager to end their retail famine.
According to Alan Thoo, Marketing Head for CITTA Mall, the team has carefully curated a slew of activities to reel in the Christmas spirit. “The return of events at the mall is approached with both excitement and caution, as various safety measures have to be set up in order to provide all shoppers the reassurance and peace of mind when they indulge in the festivities.”
“For December, we’ll be throwing in our usual Christmas activities to jolt the year-end festive vibes before switching gears to the ever popular K-Street Carnival, which celebrates the best of all things Korean,” added Alan.
From 4 December onwards, Santa and Santarina will make their rounds to surprise shoppers at selected times, while Teddy and Polar Bear mascots are set to bring smiles on children’s faces on selected weekends. Shoppers who are fortunate enough to bump into Blanko the Living Statue on some weekends will also be able to add some colour to his life (quite literally!) by splashing paint on his unvarnished visage.
In addition to the character meets above, shoppers will be able to get their hands dirty by decorating cupcakes, baking gingerbread man cookies, and creating Christmas ornaments in a variety of workshops. Xmas station games will also litter the grounds at CITTA Mall from 12 pm to 6 pm on the weekends of 4 – 5 and 11 – 12 December, so sharpshooters and excellent pitchers should definitely drop by as they may walk away with prizes when they win at these game booths.
Things start to get a little culturally interesting from 14 December onwards, as shoppers will be transported to Korea at the mall’s K-Street Carnival. A Korean-themed bazaar will be available daily from 14 – 19 December, and those who have always wanted to dress up like a character in a Joseon-era K-Drama can do so with the hanboks available at the photo booth.
The weekend of 18 and 19 December will witness another electric comeback, as the mall readies its stage for not one, but two dance competitions: the CITTA Battle and K-Street Carnival K-Pop Dance Cover Competition.
“It’s great for a lot of kids to be able to put on their best kicks and moves back on the stage after a two-year-hiatus,” commented Alan. “The youths of this generation have been stripped of their ability to showcase the best of their abilities for too long, so we’re glad that we’re able to provide some form of an avenue once more for these active and talented dancers to reignite their dormant passions.”
In addition to the dance-offs, gourmets can look forward to the Korean Sausage Eating Challenge that will happen at 1:00pm on the weekend, just in time for lunch. On the other hand, fans of the sensational Korean television series “Squid Game” can practice flicking their wrists at a good ol’ game of Ddakji, without a handsome fellow in a suit slapping them should they fail, of course. Those who prefer a tamer sport can opt for the Tuho Challenge instead, where the goal is to throw as many arrows into a pot from a distance.
The return of activities to the mall is an energising one, affirmed by the mall’s General Manager, John Tam.
“Things have changed, obviously, such as the need to institute physical distancing measures for absolutely everything,” remarked John. “However, we’re always reminding ourselves that this should not come at the expense of our shoppers’ happiness and wellbeing. Safety and fun are not mutually exclusive. They can co-exist with the right systems in place.”
In conjunction with the festive season, shoppers can look forward to the following promotions at CITTA Mall:
* Enjoy eyebrow threading service for as low as RM10 (for her) and RM13 (for him).
Firezone Family KTV
* Purchase a 2-hour KTV session and get a free bottle of 1.5L Coca Cola (valid from Monday to Thursday).
* Enjoy 2 buckets of beers (i.e. Carlsberg, Royal Stout, SKOL) from as low as RM100.
* Enjoy 2 physiotherapy treatment sessions at SOStretch from as low as RM88 when you sign up today (valid for new customers only).
BIFE Charcoal Steakhouse
* Enjoy lunch buffet from as low as RM49 at BIFE Charcoal Steakhouse starting from 12pm – 3pm.
* Baskin-Robbins’ mischievous Minions Collection is here to help you free the fun with every spoon of B-R goodness (Bellow Sundae RM13.50 / Banana Boat RM38 / Banana Shake RM16.50).
* New members join for as low as RM89 per month only, joining fees (RM99) will be waived. Limited to the first 100 new sign ups.
Manjakaki – Year End and New Year Promotions
* Kampung Massage (Tea Tree Oil) + Cupping + Foot Reflexology (90 minutes) for RM99
* Kampung Massage (Hyaluronic Serum) + Ear Candling (90 minutes) for RM110
* Body Scrub with Himalayan salt + Kampung Massage with aroma oil + Foot Reflexology (120 minutes) for RM149
* Various menu worth trying out, including Menu Jimat Pedas (red chili battered chicken & green chili battered chicken), Grillz (Java grilled chicken), Soupilicious (Java chicken soto soup), Ayam Penyet 101 (flattened fried chicken), and Avocado Juice.
Recently, CITTA Mall welcomed a number of new outlets – they are Baskin-Robbins, GSC Cinemas, Ohsom Chai and Sofana Hearing Care.